Education & Training
Education & Training Services
We provide vocational and career counseling to help people improve their lives through training and employment.
Eligible participants can receive more intensive employment and training services, including assessment of interests, skills and needs, job training, education, work experience, job placement, and wage progression services.
Services Available Include:
Community Jobs – A comprehensive, paid work program that combines training opportunities with intensive case management services to individuals who participate in Washington State’s Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Programs and who are experiencing difficulty obtaining and retaining employment.
On-the-Job-Training – On-the-job-training programs provide additional incentives for employers to hire and train qualified trainees who are experiencing barriers to employment. Examples of individuals who may qualify for this service include dislocated workers, low-income adults, or TANF recipients.
- Job Club Networking for job search
For more information call 360 425 3430 ext. 248.
We are a partner in WorkSource to help you:
- Conduct a successful self-directed job search.
- Effectively communicate to employers why they should hire you
- Develop self-confidence.
- Network like a pro.
- Build a resume.
- Interview with success.
- Design a plan of action for your job search.
- Learn ways to gain work experience needed to be competitive in today’s job market.
- Develop an employment plan.
- Research training opportunities.
- Find resources to help pay for training.
Workshops & Seminars – A variety of workshops and seminars are provided through the WorkSource Career Development Center to assist with job search, career planning and employment-related issues. You may access a calendar of workshops and workshop descriptions at http://www.wa.gov/esd/EventCalendars/cowlitz.htm
Equal Opportunity Employer Program.
Food Services Worker’s Card Testing
CAP partners with Cowlitz County Health & Human Services to provide the Food Services Worker’s Card Testing:
- Testing Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM-3:30 PM
- Cost: $10 once test has been successfully passed; you will receive a copy of your Food Services Worker’s card
- Help is available! We have trained coaches to assist you with studying for the test, by appointment only. To make an appointment, call 360.425.3430. There is no fee for this service.
- Testing is available in online or manual versions
- Online tests are offered in the following languages: English, Spanish, Korean, Russian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, and Cambodian.
- Manual tests are offered the following languages: English, Russian, Chinese, and Spanish. Printed booklets in these languages are available for use to study.
- We accept government and agency vouchers
- If you are a local organization wishing to distribute vouchers, please contact Liz Myntti: 360.425.3430 x 215.